Sunday, October 12, 2008

Working through the Wish List

A few more books to add to the reading pile arrived this week:

Lightning Strike: The Secret Mission to Kill Admiral Yamamoto and Avenge Pearl Harbor by Donald Davis

I'm hoping to produce a few audio documentaries over the winter and this mission is one of the topics I'm looking into.

The Art of the Long View: Planning for the Future in an Uncertain World by Peter Schwartz

I've been very eager to read more about scenario planning. What intrigues me is the use of storytelling and the focus on intuitive and imaginative thinking.

Forgotten Allies: The Oneida Indians and the American Revolution by Joseph Glatthaar and James Kirby Martin

Until I came across this book I did not know that the Oneida had fought on the Patriot side during the American Revolution. This is something that deserves to be more well known.

Good Capitalism, Bad Capitalism and the Economics of Growth and Prosperity by Baumol, Litan, and Schramm

This book has been favorably referenced by PurpleSlog, Tom Barnett and other people whose views I respect and I can't wait to dive in given my interest in entrepreneurship and the kinds of institutions required to sustain an entrepreneurial economy.

No comments: