Monday, April 14, 2008

Comic Book Psyop

For some reason I find myself intrigued by the usefulness of the comic book in persuasion operations. Not quite sure why since I don't read them and was never a big comic book reader when I was a kid. But I like that people are creatively using the tools that are available:

In a novel effort to combat the Al-Qaeda narrative, innovative officials in the North Rhine-Westphalia (NRW) state in Germany have turned to comic strips in a bid to counter the radicalisation of young Muslims.
Following the success of a similar campaign against right-wing extremism in 2004, in which schoolboy hero Andi stood-up against xenophobia and racism, a new strip has been produced in which Andi helps his Muslim girlfriend rescue her brother from the influence of a radical friend and an Islamist “hate preacher”.

No comments: