Saturday, October 27, 2007

Notes

I'm going to be moving in a few weeks and have been absorbed in off-line activities and so I haven't had as much time for blogging. I'm moving back to the DC area again to study video/audio production. The goals are to improve upon my experience of producing audiobooks for the past couple of years to get a job, continue working on my business, do some kind of strategic citizen project, and maybe make a documentary film. So we'll see how that all works out. A lot of things are up in the air right now.

The day after posting about The Ghost Mountain Boys I was doing some used book shopping and found MacArthur's Jungle War: The 1944 New Guinea Campaign by Stephen Taaffe, which I read over the next few days. It is a good narrative of this forgotten campaign. If I have enough time I'll try to write something more about it.

Here are some good posts from around the blogosphere that are worth reading:

Counterpropaganda Techniques by Cannoneer No. 4.

The OSS Morale Operations Branch in Action, 1943-1945 posted by PurpleSlog.

The Ku Klux Klan Insurgency at Net Wars. The proprietor of this blog has gone off to Army officer training and so is not posting now, but there's a lot of good stuff in his archives.

I was a Card-Carrying Libertarian: Confessions of a Black Sheep Republican by Vodkapundit's Stephen Green.

No comments: