Monday, June 25, 2007

When in the Course of Human Events...

Columnist George Pascoe Watson writes in The Sun:

TONY Blair heads to Brussels today to negotiate an EU treaty which could hand over British powers to Europe.
...
It will rob us of powers to set our own laws and put industry back 30 years
...
Britain’s VETOES will be axed in as many as 51 areas.
This means we will no longer be able to opt out of EU laws that would harm our economy or way of life.
Our POLICING and our JUSTICE systems would also be set by Brussels.
...
The power to set TAX and SPEND policy could also be stripped away.
...
Experts say the draft Treaty would mean huge changes to BRITISH LAW.
They say a Charter of Fundamental Rights would become more legally-binding than UK law.

Hmm. That's sounds very familiar: British subjects objecting to being ruled and taxed by some distant and unaccountable government and are concerned about the survival of their free system of English laws. Hmm. Now where have I heard that before? Oh well, I'm sure it will come to me. Anyway, I gotta go run some errands, I need to see if I can pick up some fireworks for the Fourth of July.

(via Cato at Liberty)

No comments: